IDMT is Odisha’s first and No.1 production oriented training centre with industry-driven 100% technology-based programs. The total intake for each program will be 36 per academic session. Students will be allotted convenient slots between 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, depending on the availability.
The basic qualification is 10+2 pass and above. Students with any other diploma, degree are likely to get preference. Admission is subject to interview and aptitude test. Students sponsored by any Government/Private/NGO/Media organizations will be given direct admission.
Admission fee is to be paid on enrollment for the program. This is a subsidized program. No scholarship or fee concession will be allowed to students. After commencement of the program no fee shall be refunded under any circumstances.
The Program fee is to be paid in 10 equal installments. Students who need to pay the fee in more installments than stipulated need to pay extra ` 1000.00 for every additional installment.
90% attendance in theory and practical classes is compulsory for all programs. Students having less than 90% of attendance will have to submit an additional project and assignment.
All students need to submit leave application prior to their absence. Students failing to submit leave application will not be allowed to attend doubt-clear classes.
Students taking long leave and needing any backup class to complete the program will have to pay ₹200 per class.
Students taking leave for more than 45 days in a year will have to pay ₹1000 as readmission fee. Students taking leave on medical grounds need to pay ₹500 and submit medical certificate from registered medical practitioner.
If any student discontinues and wants to continue after a certain period will have to pay the admission fee plus the difference of new program fee.
All students have to submit project report for each semester. Apart from the individual project, one team project is compulsory for all taking the final examination. Project reports must be submitted before the semester examinations. Here are the Guidelines for Project work: The student will identify a topic and a guide (from the among faculty members) for the project. He/she shall send the synopsis to the Program Director for approval in the prescribed format. When the task of project work is important and requires extra manpower, a team project will be allowed. However each student must have different title for project work, with clearly defined and distinctly different objectives of work.
- The synopsis of project work must be submitted to the program director through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Program Director shall grant the approval after scrutinizing the same and inform the Guide and the candidate within 7 days.
- The guide shall keep track of the work done by the candidate in such a manner as to enable him to award marks properly and judiciously.
- The Program Director shall appoint external examiners to evaluate the projects.
- The guide shall submit the marks report in a sealed enveloped with necessary feedback signature to the Program Director.
- The student shall submit the two copies of the final project report duly signed by the guiding Faculty to the Program Director at the time of presentation.
- The external examiner shall give marks to the examinees after going through the presentations and the Project work.
- For team projects, maximum 5 members will be allowed.
The programs are designed on semester pattern. Final Examination will be conducted and controlled by the Board of Examination. The panel of examiners will consist of experts from the academics and the industry. This panel will carry out paper setting, examination and evaluation in theory time of the examination for each batch will be announced on the Institute’s notice board; in addition, students will be notified by post. Students who fail to take the final examination or have failed in the first attempt will be allowed to appear at the next examination on payment of re-examination fee.
The tests will be marked as per the following pattern:
- 10% Periodical Examinations
- 20% Assignments
- 20% Individual Project Work
- 25 % Group Project Work
- 25% Final Examination
All students of the programs will be assigned to a company for last three months as an intern to learn and get exposure to industry rules & regulation. Students interested to work as an intern in a company of their choice need to inform in writing to the Institute at least 30 days in advance.
During internship IDMT will provide a consolidated stipend of Rs.1000.00 to all students towards the transportation expenditure. To avail this facility, students need to have cleared their third semester examination fees. The company where the students are assigned the internship training will not provide any salary or stipend to the students during the internship. After successful completion of internship, companies can hire them as regular employee and pay them according to their performance.
After successful completion of the program, certificates are awarded by Institute of Digital Media Technology. IDMT certificates are accepted by companies across the globe. Certificates are issued after 30 days from the date publication of final examination results. Students who complete their program but are unable to take up the final examination for some reason will be awarded module completion certificate and if students submit required project report for each module, will be awarded Training Certificate.
Students interested to enhance their employability are advised to take the Industry certification conducted by Adobe, Microsoft and other Software Vendors at Pearson VUE and Cyberlearning Online Examination Centres across the country at a prescribed fee.
Students interested in an International career may have to take up International Certification program conducted by Edexcel. Edexcel is a Pearson company, UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications. Details can be obtained at www.edexcel.com.
The boom in the banking sector has led to release of large amount of funds for education loans. Now, education loans are easily available from various banks in India and this change has encouraged more and more students to take up higher professional education despite their financial shortcomings. Many nationalized banks have come up with various schemes. This scenario will certainly help the ambitious students to pursue higher education and realize their dreams. IDMT will provide all required help to all students for obtaining education loans from the following banks:
- Andhra Bank – andhrabank.in
- Bank of India – bankofindia.com
- Canara Bank – canarabank.com
- Central Bank – centralbankofindia.co.in
- Dena Bank – denabank.com
- Federal Bank – federalbank.co.in
- HDFC Bank – hdfcbank.com
- IDBI – idbi.com
- Indian Bank – indian-bank.com
- Indian Overseas Bank – iob.in
- State Bank of India – sbi.co.in
- Syndicate Bank – syndicatebank.in
- UCO Bank – ucobank.com
- United Bank Of India – unitedbankofindia.com
Banks reserves the right to sanction/refuse educational loan to any student. Since the rules, regulations, eligibility conditions, repayment and interest rates etc are revised by the banks from time to time in keeping pace with the changing capital market conditions, students and parents are advised to thoroughly check the terms and conditions of educational loan scheme on offer at the time of application.
Strict discipline is a must at IDMT. Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the campus. Students must put the mobile phones in the silent mode. Any student violating this has to pay fine of ₹1000 for every instance of misconduct.
Students are requested to respect those around them. If any student is found to be repeatedly disruptive, disciplinary action will be taken against him. Student found disturbing/harassing/ragging fellow/junior students have to pay fine of ₹5000.
Students will be given an active email address in IDMT server. All email addresses will be active for five years from the date of joining. Students can use the email address for all professional purposes.
Students must create and maintain a web page linked with their assignments and projects specifically for every semester in Institute’s intranet site.
All assignments/projects will be archived on branded CD/DVDs and given to students after completion of every semester at a nominal price.
The syllabus may change during the semester. In case of any change, students will be duly notified.
IDMT believes in a paperless planet. IDMT will provide all study materials in electronic format. All study materials are provided after completion of each module in CD/DVD.
IDMT management undertakes all reasonable steps to provide best quality education and services to all. However sometimes things might go wrong for various reasons. In such cases contact the following officers at their email addresses to resolve the issues at the earliest. All complaints & suggestions must be given in writing
- Academic Matters and Student Services Program Officer – email@example.com
- Program Director – firstname.lastname@example.org Program Coordinator – email@example.com
- Policy Matters/Fee/Re-admission Program Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leave/General Administration Program Director – email@example.com
- Program Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org Program Administrator – email@example.com
- Examination Related Matters Controller of Examination – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Certificate/Permissions Program Director – email@example.com
- Matters not resolved by above – firstname.lastname@example.org